What is PAFP (Programme d’Appui à la Formation Professionnelle)
This is a Belgian Common TVET Support Program which combines three organizations VVOB, APEFE and BTC that provides funds and Technical support within the Workforce Development Authority (WDA) by improving Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET).
PAFP aims at the rural poor and sees support of WDA as an effective and sustainable way to increase their income-generating capacity. This is done by improving competence of laureates in line with labor market requirements.
After five years, PAFP seeks to have achieved the following results:
- Sample Schools offer improved TVET that allows rural poor men and women to improve their living conditions.
- Documented cases of how WDA and the IPRC’s can best support TVET-schools in achieving the required quality
- Improved capacity of WDA and IPRC’s to support all TVET institutions nationwide to
- Deliver quality training programs.
Capacity building at the main WDA-units through trainings and on-the-job coaching also see below;
- Assist in developing competence –based curricula for specific sectors
- Identify training needs and provide training
- Assist in developing certification and quality assurance
- Organize tenders for investments in infrastructure and equipment
- Improve TVET-School Management
- Identify Pilot schools in the relevant domains
- Assure the right conditions through training and investment
- Accompany Action Research at the pilot schools and feedback of the generated knowledge to WDA and IPRC/S.