The project will alleviate current and longer term skills constraints to contribute to Rwanda’s transition to a middle income, export- and service-oriented knowledge economy by 2020.
The project development objective is to improve access to quality and demand-responsive vocational training.
- Graduates from improved vocational training in selected priority occupations in targeted training institutions.
- Recipients of training funded through the Skills Development Grant Mechanism.
- Private sector which will benefit from the improved skills base of the labor force.
- Vocational training graduates who are employed or self-employed within six months of graduation
- Employer satisfaction rate with recently graduated vocational training students targeted by project (component 1)
- Employers reporting improved skills of recipient of training through Skills Development Facility
- Number of persons completing training provided by the project:
- VTC students;
- Recipients of training provided through Skills Development Facility